Thursday, April 21, 2011

Working at a Bridal Salon is a community

Working at a Bridal Salon is a community.  I am lucky enough to work at a Bridal Salon full of amazing people.  The ladies that I work with are not just my fellow employees, but my family…my community.  There are many things that make this group a community.  To start off, one must love interacting with people and being able to work with many different personalities.  Finding a wedding gown can be the most important moment in a Bride’s life and therefore it is ideal that as consultants, we are passionate, excited and respectful.
The bond that holds the employees together is the ability to accept each other for who each person is.  A community is a place where one should feel comfortable and secure.  At the bridal boutique that I work at, I am pleased to say that everyone is loved and accepted for who they are.  In return, we are able to treat each bride the same.  Respect is another part of what holds this community together.  Without respect for one another, there is no community, rather individuals that work at a Bridal Salon. 
A bridal boutique is a very positive environment, though there are tensions and differences that can definitely overcome the positivity.  The bridal boutique is a happy environment, but when a consultant brings her bad day with her to work, it can really hurt relationships with fellow employees, as well as the other brides’ experiences.
At the end of the day, I fit into this group because I love what I do.  To have the same passion as fellow employees is a great feeling.  We are all able to relate to each other and all find it so rewarding to make others’ happy.  This community is positive and happy and that is how I want to live my life.  As a final point, the community one chooses to be surround themselves in, is ultimately their lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment